If you follow my blogs you will know that I am a big believer in the benefits of holistic treatments on the body and on all its internal systems and organs.
Therefore you won’t be surprised when I say that this blog is about the benefits that Massage has on the largest organ of all -The Skin.
If you think about it, (but not too much as it will gross you out) our skin is in contact with everything around us and therefore we are susceptible to all sorts i.e. germs, illness, and diseases.
Therefore we don’t need reminding how important it is to keep it healthy and in the best working order as it quite literally “holds us together”.
We obviously do this daily both externally and internally. Through the products we use on it and the food and drink we digest.
However regular massage can also help in having and maintaining healthy and vibrant skin.
How is this, you might ask?
- Massage helps to reduce tension in the skin through relaxation.
- Massage helps blood and lymph circulation and therefore improve its nutrition and encourage cell regeneration.
- Massage can help to re-moisturise and soften dry skin.
- Massage increases the natural oils produced by the skin called seburn.
- Massage increases production of sweat from sweat glands, helping to eliminate waste products through the skin.
- Massage helps with the dilation of surface capillaries, which improves skin’s color and tone
- Massage assists in improved skin gland production.
- Massage helps improves scar tissue.
This list is obviously not exclusive and but I just wanted to shine a little light on some of the many benefits that massage can have on the skin. Just think, if massage can have this many benefits on the organ that we see just imagine what other benefits it has on the organs we cant see.
Amazing, right? Just another reason to book that long needed and much deserved massage appointment with me today.
Believe me when I say your skin will thank you for it.
Stay holistic 🙂