As it was the weekend for treats I decided to try out a new chocolate flapjack recipe that I was given a few weeks back from a friend.
This is actually a take on Rosanna Davisons – Rich Raw Chocolate Flapjacks.
For the cake:
150g pitted and chopped dates
70g ground almonds
40g desiccated coconut
2 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp cacao nibs
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate topping:
220g cacao butter
90g raw cacao powder
80g maple syrup
For the cakes:
- Chop the dates into smaller pieces and soak them in warm water for 15 -20 minutes. Drain well.
- Place the dates, the ground almonds, coconut, cacao powder, cacao nibs, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract into a food processor. (I used my Nutri ninja). Blend well until it’s mixed together.
- Put the mixture into a grease proof papered tin and flatten it with your fingers until it’s well packed into the tin.
For the topping:
- Melt the cacao butter over a medium heat. Add the cacao powder and whisk until there are no lumps.
2. Whisk the maple syrup into the mixture.
3. Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake.
4. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours until the topping is set.
5. Remove from the tin, cut into smaller pieces and store in air tight containers.
These are great with a cup of coffee or tea for a snack or on the run before a work out in the gym. Keep in an air tight container and they will last days.
Have a go and let me know how you get on.
Stay holistic 🙂