Another Sunday, another bake 🙂 I got this recipe from my sister in law a few weeks ago and with the busy week ahead planned for me with my normal day job, holistic treatments to give, horse racing to go to (Annual Galway Races) and my Crossfit training. It’s always good to have some tasty snacks at the ready.
This weeks bake is a Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
130g Coconut Oil
150 ml Almond Milk
320g Spelt Flour
200g Coconut Sugar
3 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
80g Dark Chocolate (I used 75%)
1. Melt the oil and leave to cool.
2. Mix the spelt flour, oats,baking powder, baking soda and the Himalayan pink salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mash the banana with your hands into the dry mixture .
4. Whisk in the melted oil and sugar until the mixture is well combined.
6. Chop the chocolate into smaller pieces and fold it into the mixture.
7. Pour the batter into a well coconut oil greased tin and place in a pre heated oven (175c) for 35-40 minutes or until the bread is a deep golden brown in colour.
This is this first time I’ve made bread and I wasn’t too sure how it would pan out (pardon the pun!) but it’s nice,light and fluffy (due to the spelt flour). The sweetness of the bananas is balanced by the richness of the dark chocolate so it has a nice unique taste.
This bread will last up to 3 days in an airtight container and can be served on its own or with almond butter or nutella for an extra kick if required.
8. Enjoy 🙂
Stay holistic 🙂