I was delighted to be nominated for the Liebster Award last week by Emily from “Healthy and Golden”. She is a self-confessed health researcher studying health coaching, on a journey of weight loss and better health. An Aussie mum to one little boy, and there to help her readers find happiness through health, healing and natural lifestyle changes. Check her blog out here. Thank you Emily!
Now, the purpose of the Liebster Award is for bloggers to provide each other a platform to be discovered, which hopefully allows people to find other bloggers they are interested in.
“Liebster” in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules of this award are really easy to follow:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (ty to select with followers under 200 but not always essential).
- Ask them 11 different questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Here are my answers to the questions that Emily asked me:
- Why did you start your blog?
Initially to help promote my holistic business of the same name but now I blog about anything I find along the way that I feel would benefit my life in a positive and inspiring way.
- What is one moment in your life that has made you who you are today?
The day I got my hip replacement changed my life for the better not only for obvious health reasons but it also gave me the idea to become a holistic therapist (and then a blogger) and help others with their pain management.
- What is your favourite place in the world?
My warm bed on a cold rainy night 🙂
- One piece of advice for a complete stranger?
Smile, you dont know who might be admiring you.
- What is your number one passion, that you wish people knew more about?
I love all animals but especially fluffy dogs but I think must people know that already. 🙂
- What is your dream job?
Something that incorporates holistic therapies, CrossFit and animals :).
- What does a typical day in your life look like?
Up at 7:15am. Day job from 9-5:30pm. Holistic work from 6-7:30pm. CrossFit from 8pm-9:30pm. Always try to be in bed by 11am for a good read. This varies a lot on the weekends.
- What is your favourite quote?
Aww this is a tricky one as I love a good quote but at the moment its this poem that always makes me smile “The World We Make” by Alfred Grant Walton. You can find it here.
- Biggest accomplishment in 2017
In the gym, getting my first “Toes to Bar” in CrossFit – which considering when I started I could barely lift my right leg up without my hands supporting, that was one happy day!
- And, what is your top goal for 2018?
While I don’t have one top goal for 2018, this year I have chosen to have a few smaller monthly goals which if (I should say when completed) , will lead me to being the strongest (both mentality and physically) that I’ve ever been.
Below is a list of the 11 bloggers that I am nominating ( I tried to get a variety and found it hard to pick only 11) :
- Sinead from Shinners and The Brood
- Maria from Marias Beauty Haven
- Alison from IndiglowGal
- Clare from Sparkle Blossom Beauty
- Louise from Louise Loughlin Personal Training
- Amberlee from A Simply Inspired Life
- Steph from Scale it Simple
- Tara Louise from TaraLouiseMc
- The ladies from Two Phat Cows
- Lisa from The Irish Baby Fairy
- Karen from Karens Reflexology Studio
Here are the questions that I would love for you to answer:
- What got you into blogging?
- What is your biggest blog achievement to date?
- What is one motto you live by?
- Who is your favourite “celebrity” that you would love to meet and what would you ask them?
- What is the first thing you do in the morning?
- How do you relax?
- What is the last thing you do at night?
- Choose 3 words you would use to describe yourself.
- Choose one thing your readers don’t know about you?
- If you had a time machine would you go back or forward in time?
- What super power would you like and why?
I think this is such a wonderful and fun way to share the amazing bloggers out there, either just starting or building up their profile. You never know what you can learn from somebody else. Lets continue with this award and pay it forward.